okinawa : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n the largest island of the central Ryukyu Islands
- n a campaign in the closing days of World War II in the Pacific (April to June 1945); in savage close-quarter fighting United States marines and regular army troops took the island from the Japanese; considered the greatest victory of the Pacific campaign for the Americans
- Churaumi means "beautiful ocean" in the okinawan dialect, and that's exactly what you'll find contained in a 35-m-wide, 27-m-long and 10-m-deep tank at the Okinawa Churaumi .
- Best Fish Tank Motobu, Okinawa, Japan Churaumi means "beautiful ocean" in the okinawan dialect, and that's exactly what you'll find contained in a 35-m-wide, 27-m-long and 10-m .
News & Articles
- Okinawa and the U.S. military, post 1945
Okinawa and the U.S. military, post 1945
June 19, 2013 - Scientific American via Yahoo! News
- transcosmos' Okinawa Call Center Subsidiary Awarded by Okinawa City Citizen's Charter Promotion Council
transcosmos CRM Okinawa Recognized for its “Environment Beautification Efforts” (PRWeb June 19, 2013) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/transcosmos/Okinawa/prweb10844034.htm
June 19, 2013 - PRWeb
- DOD studying moving 2,700 Marines from Okinawa to Hawaii
Three studies are underway on Oahu to find sites to house 2,700 Marines from Okinawa, Japan, but it may take until 2026 to implement what is estimated to be a $2.5 billion move.
June 19, 2013 - Stars and Stripes