- n (sport) the mistake of occupying an illegal position on the playing field (in football, soccer, ice hockey, field hockey, etc.)
- a illegally beyond a prescribed line or area or ahead of the ball or puck
the touchdown was nullified because the left tackle was offside
- r illegally in advance of the ball or puck
- A Girl's Guide to Rugby accompanies each book; it doesn't just explain the meaning of offside and line-outs but also provides information about where to view matches they can .
- FIFA deals with issues ranging from wars, riots, corruption and citizenship to the proper application of the offside rule.
- Certainly, Holland's first score, a poacher's goal by an apparently offside Ruud van Nistelrooy, was no thing of beauty.
News & Articles
- Japan gives Italy a scare at Confederations Cup
Japan's Maya Yoshida argues a linesman's call after a goal was disallowed due to offside during the soccer Confederations Cup group A match between Italy and Japan at the Arena Pernambuco in Recife, Brazil, Wednesday, June 19, 2013.
June 20, 2013 - The News-Times