- n an unaccented beat (especially the last beat of a measure)
- s informal terms; strikingly unconventional
- But the primitive, offbeat rhythmic drive he added was entirely his own.
- The books are packed with tips on where to find the cheapest digs, where to eat well for less than $10, which bars offer complimentary food and where to find offbeat adventure .
- It's a little impish, yes, but also engaging, like the offbeat advertising campaigns dreamed up at Bogusky's Miami firm, Crispin Porter Bogusky.
News & Articles
- The Food Guy: For cookouts, try thinking outside the potato patch
CHARLESTON, W.Va. - Last week I shared some interesting ways to sauce up your summer burgers with out-of-the-box condiments. Now, how about a few offbeat sides to go with them.You cant have a summer cookout without potato salad - so says me - but you dont ...
June 12, 2013 - Charleston Daily Mail
- Sara Bareilles to pen score for 'Waitress' musical
The offbeat 2007 movie "Waitress" is getting a musical makeover courtesy of pop star Sara Bareilles and the producers of the Tony Award-winning musical revival 'Pippin.'
June 11, 2013 - Los Angeles Times
- Professors Plan to be Cryogenically Frozen, Thawed Out Eventually
Offbeat academics everywhere are going to have to step up their game if they want to continue impressing the freshmen. The Independent reports that three Oxford University professors are actively making plans to be cryogenically frozen in the event of their deaths. And you thought your undergraduate professors said some trippy shit. Read More
June 11, 2013 - The New York Observer
- David Silverman in Guardian Unlimited
They were offbeat looking, and the offbeat sensibilities of Matt Groening can't be emphasized enough,said director Silverman. "It has a sort of blank acceptance of all the stupidities of life. ......"
- Arbaaz Khan in Digital Spy
There was this prevalent belief about Dabangg is a gritty realistic offbeat kind of film. We didn't want that kind of branding. We want it to be a full-on action film. Bigger action-wise than anything Salman's done before,Arbaaz said. "We...
- Brian Sabean in ABC News
He was an offbeat personality, but he loved the game, respected the game and loved the Giants,San Francisco general manager Brian Sabean said. "He just seemed like a regular person, a good person."