off-line : Definition, Usages, News and More
- a not on a regular route of a transportation system
an off-line ticket office
- a not connected to a computer network
- In between off-line heists, they boast among themselves about their online exploits.
- A sudoku tutorial explains the number game to newbies, and power users can download a version of the site to play off-line.
- The surreptitious off-line capabilities of snooping programs are creating a booming industry.
News & Articles
- Surveillance State: Three Ways You're Being Watched
June 20 (Bloomberg) -- If you think you can steer clear of government surveillance by staying off-line, think again. Bloomberg Contributing Editor Richard Falkenrath reveals the three most common ways you are tracked by the government every day.
June 21, 2013 - Bloomberg
- Calif. Wonders About Energy Future After Nuclear Plant Closes
Summer is almost here — and in California that means it's the season to worry about rolling blackouts. There's even more cause for concern this year. The San Onofre nuclear power plant is shutting down for good. It's been off-line for more than a year after a pipe was found leaking radioactive steam. When fully operational, San Onofre produced power for more than a million homes.
June 19, 2013 - NPR
- Peter Lonard in SportingNews.com
The first one was just up against the face and I had to chip it out sideways,Lonard said. "The one on 18 was about 80 to 100 yards off-line, so I suppose I deserve that one. You've got to hit fairways, that's the name of the game."