off-limits : Definition, Usages, News and More
- s barred to a designated group
that area is off-limits
- You can see everything from Barbra Streisand's Malibu backyard to the best secret surf spots the state has to offer just past the off-limits Vandenberg Air Force Base.
- He showed that nothing not the most sensitive social issues or the most trivial annoyances of everyday life was off-limits for smart comedy.
- But its history and sensitive security role have helped keep the island pretty much off-limits to journalists.
News & Articles
- Dropping humidity bumps up Arizona fire restrictions
Campfires and smoking are off-limits on public lands
June 20, 2013 - KOLD News 13 Tuscon
- Osan eases ban on shopping district due to effect on businesses
Osan Air Base has cut two hours off the time that the adjacent shopping area is off-limits each day, aware that hundreds of business are suffering due to a standoff between the U.S. military and “juicy bars” over prostitution concerns.
June 19, 2013 - Stars and Stripes
- Anarchists at the gate: the rising Republicans of Arkansas
I've written before this week about the notion by Sen. David Sanders and Rep. John Burris and others that the bare majority of Arkansas Republican legislators is sufficient to override constitutional governance and allow them to tell executive agencies not to do business with people they don't like. If David Sanders may declare Planned Parenthood off-limits for state contract work, who will he ...
June 19, 2013 - Arkansas Times
- Barack Obama in CNN International
Let me be as clear as possible,Obama said. "I think people's families are off-limits, and people's children are especially off-limits. This shouldn't be part of our politics. It has no relevance to Gov. Palin's performance as governor or...