obtrusive : Definition, Usages, News and More
- a undesirably noticeable
the obtrusive behavior of a spoiled child
equally obtrusive was the graffiti
- s sticking out; protruding
- Obama entered the room and spoke from behind the less-obtrusive podium, set up under the Lincoln portrait.
- It's all inter-related, whether it be the events I named or the growing resentment of taxation in America, obtrusive government.
- PROS AND CONS Tidal power is more predictable than solar or wind, and undersea machinery is less obtrusive than huge windmills.
News & Articles
- Facebook to kill off Sponsored Results, streamline its advertising efforts
Facebook ads are about to become a tiny bit less obtrusive: the social network just announced that it will stop showing Sponsored Results this July. These ads have appeared alongside brands, groups and more in searches since August of last year, but Facebook made the decision to cut the program after noticing that marketers were using Sponsored Results and mobile app install ads quite similarly ...
June 14, 2013 - Engadget
- Kenny Dalglish in ESPN
Dalglish added: "We made sure somebody with Liverpool connections was at every funeral and I think the families really respected that." "The boys weren't obtrusive in any way, they sat back and let the families get on with the grieving but...
- Yvette Cooper in Property People Magazine
Ms Cooper added: "It is patently absurd that you should be able to put a satellite dish up on your house but should have to wrestle with the planning process for small scale microgeneration which is no more obtrusive. We want far more...
- Arlen Specter in Pocono Record
I don't like the power lines. These lines ought to be in the least obtrusive place,Specter said.