- n a slender double-reed instrument; a woodwind with a conical bore and a double-reed mouthpiece
- Oboe playing, like bird watching and taffy pulling, is a passion that seems to run in families.
- World's most famous oboe virtuoso is a tall, jovial Frenchman named Marcel Tabuteau, whose pure bleats and thrilling tootles bring him an estimated $300 per week in Eugene Ormandy .
- You're hunting for a school where the principal oboe player is graduating, or the soccer goalie, so it might be in the market for someone with your particular skills.
News & Articles
- Chamber music concert
Baldwin Center Chamber Music Players will present a spring concert Thursday, June 27, 1, Baldwin Center Main Hall. The group, under the direction of Ruth Johnson, has been in existence since 2009, and includes violins, piano, bassoon, flute, oboe and bass. Light refreshments.
June 20, 2013 - Stratford Star
- TraceView’s Oboe Symfony No. 1
Dvo?ák’s Symphony No. 9 requires two oboes. Instrumenting Symfony only required one liboboe! Here at AppNeta we’re still recovering from an immensely productive DrupalCon Portland 2013 . Our partnership with Acquia and our continuing support for the contrib TraceView Drupal module made sponsoring the event a natural decision.
June 19, 2013 - Linux
- School of Music camp acts as extension
The 88 black and white keys on a piano will sing with the low tone of the oboe and bassoon, and the smooth ring of strings, at the hands of teenagers in Kimbrough Hall next week. For the 24th year in a row, the Washington State University School of Music will be hosting a camp for kids who want to learn about different instruments and take lessons from WSU faculty.
June 19, 2013 - The Daily Evergreen
- Trey Anastasio in JamBase
Most of the time when people use an electric instrument with an orchestra, they destroy the capability to blend,notes Anastasio. "Our approach is to handle it as any other solo orchestral instrument. I play at the volume of say, an oboe,...
- Tommy Tallarico in Vancouver Sun
It's funny seeing a classically trained oboe player first take a look at a sheet of music that says Super Mario Bros. on the top of it,says composer Tommy Tallarico. "They look around like, 'Are you serious?' probably figuring they're...
- James Hill in Dallas Morning News
If you play the ukulele anywhere in public, someone will come up to you and ask you how to play because it looks like so much fun,Hill said. "Nobody goes up to an oboe player and says, 'That's so much fun.' "