objectification : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n the act of representing an abstraction as a physical thing
- n a concrete representation of an abstract idea or principle
- But no matter his objectification of sad and stupid material is neither tragic nor transgressive.
- This is not about the objectification of women, it said, it's about harmless fun.
- Objectification, yes, sure, to a point.
News & Articles
- China's Pervert Repellant Stockings Might Be the Greatest Joke Weibo Ever Played
The results are undeniable. These stockings, which are made to look like a pair of very hairy legs, induce groans, nausea, and physical discomfort and according to Weibo they're the best deterrent to cat calls and objectification that the country has to offer. There's one problem if you want a pair though—they're probably an elaborate joke.
June 18, 2013 - The Atlantic Wire via Yahoo! News
- Phil Jackson in Grand Forks Herald
Objectification of people is limiting to ourselvesas well as to the people objectified, Jackson said at a UND convocation at which he received an honorary doctor of letters degree.
- Emma Thompson in NPR
She had already been objectified,Thompson says, "and I think sometimes watching those things on the screen actually furthers or deepens that sense of objectification. ...... Also, the person that's watching is just sitting there watching....
- Reverend Jen Miller in The Villager
The show was created to "counteract the objectification of the female body in art," says Reverend Jenn, the elfin beauty whose long-running open mic, The Anti Slam, currently held at the Downeast Arts Center, has earned her the moniker...