obesity : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n more than average fatness
- The steep decades-long rise in child obesity appears to have peaked, according to a new study.
- But obesitydefined as a BMI of 30 or greateris no more a disease than is cigarette smoking or sedentary living.
- Most recently he has covered obesity, fetal development, mental health, women and heart disease, as well as meditation, mental health, diabetes and diet.
News & Articles
- Obesity While Pregnant Could Mean Premature Delivery
Brett Smith for redOrbit.com – Your Universe Online Women who are overweight or obese during pregnancy have an increased risk of preterm delivery, according to a new study in the Journal of the American Medical Association . "Maternal overweight and obesity has, due to the high prevalence and associated risks, replaced smoking as the most important preventable risk factor for adverse pregnancy ...
June 12, 2013 - redOrbit
- Obesity ads feature digitally fattened child
Everyone knows that obesity is a problem in America, thanks in large part to the Public Service Announcements plastered around cities and televisions. read more
June 11, 2013 - TheCelebrityCafe.com
- Obesity increases the risk of preterm delivery
( Karolinska Institutet ) The risk of preterm delivery increases with maternal overweight and obesity, according to a new Swedish study published in Journal of the American Medical Association.
June 11, 2013 - EurekAlert!
- Mick Cornett in Washington Post
Where Oklahoma City has succeeded is on the awareness side,said Cornett, who signed the pledge for his city to join the "Let's Move Cities and Towns" effort. "What we've seen here is a community that's finally talking about obesity....
- Tom Harkin in BusinessWeek
We now have data that conclusively shows kids are seeing an overwhelming number of ads for unhealthy food on all types of TV shows,Harkin said. "The 'childhood obesity epidemic' isn't just a catch phrase. It's a real public health crisis."
- Fabio Capello in Mirror.co.uk
This suggests that as we work to develop better means of combating obesity, including using these discoveries as the first step in developing new drugs, we need to focus on the regulation of appetite at least as much as on the metabolic factors of... Kari Stefansson http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/K%C3%A1ri_Stef%C3%A1nsson&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNE4zlrENEs81XVNitp9yN9A9qxqlQ Reuters UK http://www.google.com/url?q=http://uk.reuters.com/article/healthNewsMolt/idUKTRE4BD1FY20081214&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNH9qBKCQa7mIS3ZpCS_-gU9ppAm1w Dec 14, 2008
68852 91898 obey But Capello said: I think he's disappointed some players because when you speak, you have to speak privately, not with you (the media) and this is the big Capello: You will obey me mistake, this is a very big mistake. I know sometimes some players...