obeah : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n (West Indies) followers of a religious system involving witchcraft and sorcery
- n a religious belief of African origin involving witchcraft and sorcery; practiced in parts of the West Indies and tropical Americas
- Wenner-Gren's associates prudently hired an obeah (Bahamian voodoo) ghost (10 from a local ghost renter) to assure success at the opening.
- In one scene, a group of pallbearers carries a coffin from door to door so that the obeah, or medicine man, can ask if someone in the house was involved in the death.
News & Articles
- Delaware Park: Bryan's Jewel back on short rest off sharp score
Clearly, trainer Mac Robertson doesn’t fear doing things in an unconventional way. Just one week after watching his 5-year-old mare Bryan’s Jewel match her career-best Beyer Speed Figure of 91 by scoring an easy victory in the off-the-turf John Rooney Memorial Stakes, Robertson is giving serious consideration to bringing her right back in Saturday’s Grade 3, $100,000 Obeah Stakes at Delaware Park.
June 13, 2013 - Daily Racing Form