- n annual grass of Europe and North Africa; grains used as food and fodder (referred to primarily in the plural: `oats')
- n seed of the annual grass Avena sativa (spoken of primarily in the plural as `oats')
- Special oat flour is used in soap, cosmetics, facials, sunburn preparations.
- Had she entrapped an unwilling innocent in God-fearing Stratford, Anne would "have found herself up before the Vicar's Court in less time than it takes to sow a wild oat.
- Wheat and oat crops are suffering from lack of moisture.
News & Articles
- The Akron Hotel Made from Old Oatmeal Silos is Closing
Akron's Quaker Square Inn has met its soggy end. The hotel made from 36 old Quaker Oats grain silos is closing.
July 1, 2013 - Cleveland Scene
- For c2renew, waste is an opportunity
Biomass fillers save money, reduce dependency on petroleum, co-founder says A Fargo-based business named c2renew is combining agriculture's leftovers such as sunflower, oat hulls, sugar beet pulp and flax stalks with plastics to create biocomposites that can be used in endless ways.
June 29, 2013 - The Fargo Forum
- U.S. Oat Seedings Up 10%
WASHINGTON - Jun 28/13 - SNS -- Area seeded to oats for the 2013 crop year is estimated at 3.03 million acres, up 10% from 2012, according to the USDA seeded area estimates for 2013.
June 28, 2013 - Ag Report
- Jeanne Tripplehorn in Los Angeles Times
She's feeling her oat,says Tripplehorn. "She only has one. She's feeling it."
- John Servis in Boston Globe
He came out of the race terrific,said John Servis, who trains the chestnut colt for owners Roy and Pat Chapman. "There was not one oat [left] in his feed tub this morning. I'm tickled to death to get the extra week before the Belmont [June...
- Jon Miller in Houston Chronicle
Miller added, "Let's put them all under oat and have them announce yes or no, I didn't do it, I know guys who did it, I don't know guys who did it. Fair is fair."