nun : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a woman religious
- n a buoy resembling a cone
- n the 14th letter of the Hebrew alphabet
- Sister Agnes Mansour supervises Medicaid abortions She is one of Michigan's most respected Roman Catholic nuns.
- Katharine Johnson is considering becoming a nun, but isn't quite sure the religious life is for her.
- A former nun's new memoirs are the latest in a long series of accusations and scandals afflicting the Catholic Church in Kerala, India's most Christian state.
- Paris Hilton in Reuters Canada
There was a nun who works at the jail for all the ladies, and she would come every day and we would pray,said Hilton.
- Cher in MyParkMag
Cher said: "I didn't anticipate the dryness getting to my throat the way it does. So when I'm in Las Vegas, I have to kind of live like a nun and not talk during the day. It's so hard for me, I just really have to think about it and just not speak,...
- Frank Wolf in AFP
Congressman Frank Wolf called it a "dark, dark moment" and recalled hearing Tibetans' past accounts of torture at the Drapchi prison in the Himalayan territory. "What would a Buddhist monk or Buddhist nun in Drapchi prison think when he heard...