- n the compass point midway between north and west; at 315 degrees
- s toward the northwest
- r in a northwestward direction
- On that day the drift of the ice floes shifted and the three ships began to move northwestward toward the North Pole.
- Under French-trained General Estigarribia the Paraguayans, born short-end fighters, had harried the Bolivians northwestward across the jungle to the Pilcomayo River, backed them up .
- The storm whirled northwestward, grazed Santo Domingo, isolated the Bahamas, cut off all wireless communication.
News & Articles
- Tropical storm warning issued for Mexico
MANZANILLO, Mexico, June 30 (UPI) -- Tropical Storm Dalila strengthened slightly during the day Sunday as it churned northwestward in the Pacific Ocean off Mexico, forecasters said.
June 30, 2013 - UPI