nonrepresentational : Definition, Usages, News and More
- a of or relating to a style of art in which objects do not resemble those known in physical nature
- For this some of them might share the blame, since to the naked eye of the average publisher nonrepresentational painting is not much use as illustration.
- His forms are abstract; but as the artist points out, the Arab also gilds his mosques and minarets with nonrepresentational decoration.
- Dove was the first American, and possibly the first artist of any nationality, to paint a nonrepresentational picture.
News & Articles
- Red, White And Brew, Get These In The Queue
Today, we celebrate our independence from the onerous yoke of nonrepresentational government - that, along with sobriety, the 9-to-5 and perhaps a finger or two of thanks to those M-80s you bought from a makeshift fireworks stand behind the gas station. But
July 4, 2013 - Las Vegas Review-Journal