noncommissioned : Definition, Usages, News and More
- a (of military officers) appointed from enlisted personnel
- Encouraging people not to choose to become noncommissioned officers would hurt the military and our country very badly.
- Encouraging people to choose to not become noncommissioned officers would hurt the military and our country very badly.
- No Prime Minister or President is even seen; we're watching the trench fighting of the foot soldiers and noncommissioned officers.
- John McCain in USA Today
Most worrying to me is that by hurting retention, we will reduce the numbers of men and women who we train to become the backbone of all the services, the noncommissioned officer,McCain said in his statement.
- Pete Geren in Forbes
Predictability was a more important factor "than the impact of the additional three months on the tour," Geren said. "It's a judgment call, but it's based on the feedback from the input from soldiers, from (noncommissioned officers) right up...
- George Casey in Military.com
We're taking this year and making it the Year of the Noncommissioned Officer, so we can recognize their courage, their commitment, their competence, and their contribution to this war,Casey said.