noiseless : Definition, Usages, News and More
- s making no sound
th' inaudible and noiseless foot of time"- Shakespeare
- Splayed out from both banks are noiseless hollows and stubbly, once-farmed bottoms, all in the shadow of Appalachian mountains, which rise dark and gorgeous in every direction.
- E's" new device are that it is automatic, self-lubricating, and practically noiseless.
- On the few occasions when Gray kicked up his heels his letters brightened, but for the most part they reflect exactly the noiseless tenor of his studious way.
News & Articles
The technology’s here, but buying electric cars in Virginia isn’t easy. by Peter Galuszka With a light tap to the accelerator, the sleek, nearly noiseless sedan rockets past Rocketts Landing. With its 85 kilowatt-hour battery system, the red car can go from zero to 60 mph in 5.6 seconds.… [ Read more ] [ Subscribe to the comments on this story ]
July 2, 2013 - Style Weekly
- Julio Franco in Chicago Tribune
We have too many gadgets,Franco said. "In the last 10 years have you been in a place for 20 minutes that was completely noiseless? A place where you could just relax?"
- HG Wells in National Geographic
The alien invaders, for example, kill people with a deadly heat ray that Wells described as "an almost noiseless and blinding flash of light."
- John Henry Newman in Times Online
The mistake here, says Radcliffe, lies in overlooking not just what Cardinal Newman called "God's noiseless work", but human nature itself.