- a belonging to or active during the night
nocturnal animals are active at night
nocturnal plants have flowers that open at night and close by day
- a of or relating to or occurring in the night
- But even after Narvaez moved out of Ortega's home, she says, he pursued her with lewd nocturnal phone calls.
- Deadly bushfires devastate the natural habitat and life rhythms of the normally nocturnal marsupials, forcing them into the company of their biggest enemy humans.
- You become a purely nocturnal creature, showing up for work at about 9 p.
News & Articles
- New fossil shines light on primate and human evolution
A 55 million year old fossil that has been unearthed from an ancient lakebed in China's Hubei Province has revealed a pivotal event in primate and human evolution. Hailing from the early Eocene Epoch, the fossil is crucial to the branch split that led to anthropoids (monkeys, apes, and humans) on one side, and living tarsiers (small, tree-dwelling nocturnal primates) on the other. The discovered ...
June 12, 2013 - Environmental News Network
- Don’t Let Carpenter Ants Spoil Your Summer: Expert Tips for Avoiding America’s #1 Pest
They’re big, they’re nocturnal, and they invade North American homes each spring, summer, and fall. They are Carpenter ants. North America’s number one structure-invading ant! While Carpenter ants are annoying and can damage our structures, they pose no common threat to human health.
June 10, 2013 - Business Wire via Yahoo! Finance