- s of a game (or the pitching) in which a pitcher allows the opponent no hits
a no-hit pitcher
a no-hit game
- Exactly one year to the day after the Chicago Cubs' "Toothpick Sam" Jones pitched the last no-hit game in big-league baseball, the Brooklyn Dodgers' Carl Erskine turned.
- Last Dodger to record a no-hit performance was famed Dazzy Vance in September 1925.
- Samuel Pond ("Sad Sam") Jones of the New York Americans pitched a no-hit game against Philadelphia.
News & Articles
- Ames leads BG Hot Rods past Lansing
Pitcher Jeff Ames threw five no-hit innings Saturday, leading the Bowling Green Hot Rods to a 5-1 win at Lansing (Mich.).
June 16, 2013 - Bowling Green Daily News
- Falcons throw no-hitter on way to consolation championship
CHASKA, Minn. — One day after being no-hit by B.O.L.D.’s Logan Sandgren, the Wabasha-Kellogg High School baseball team responded with a no-hitter of its own.
June 15, 2013 - Winona Daily News
- Bumgarner follows Cain gem with his own in SF Giants win
By Henry Schulman Atlanta – This is why Madison Bumgarner is no ordinary 23-year-old major-league pitcher. He just lost a no-hit bid in the sixth inning Friday night on a dumb Texas League single by Chris Johnson that fell among three teammates chasing it. Bumgarner’s only visible reaction was a couple of big sniffs of his nose, no doubt loading up for one of his famous snot rockets. He simply ...
June 15, 2013 - San Francisco Chronicle
- Ben Broussard in USA Today
It'd feel better if we had won,Broussard said. "But, definitely, I think everybody's a competitor. Nobody wants to get no-hit. I think everybody was going up just trying to have a good at-bat, maybe see some pitches and see what happens."