- a of or containing nitrogen
- Scientists are finding a new man-made threat to the ozone layer: nitrous oxide (N2O), otherwise known as laughing gas.
- In all, some 300 patients were apparently dosed with nitrous oxide by mistake.
- He also studied the health benefits of nitrous oxide laughing gas.
News & Articles
- New catalyst neutralizes gases responsible for climate change
New technology prevents nitrous oxide decomposing it into nontoxic products. The catalytic system is active, efficient and stable over time and can purify gases emitted by industries related to the production of fertilizers, plastics and coal burning plants to produce electricity or vehicles.
June 13, 2013 - Science Daily
- SB Man Found Dead in Car Identified, May Have Overdosed from 'Laughing Gas'
SANTA BARBARA, Calif.- Santa Barbara Police have identified the man who was found dead inside his car over the weekend. Authorities say he may have overdosed on nitrous oxide otherwise known as laughing gas.
June 12, 2013 - FOX 11 Santa Maria
- Do You Have to Care For a Diesel Car Differently Than a Gasoline Car?
Diesel engines may require more frequent oil changes and fuel filter changes than gasoline models, and some diesels may also require periodic replenishing of diesel exhaust fluid (urea), which reduces emissions of nitrous oxide. For the most part, though, diesels...
June 12, 2013 - Cars.com
- Susan Solomon in National Post
The global concentrations of carbon dioxide, methane and nitrous oxide, all greenhouse gases those are, have increased markedly since 1750, and they are now far, far above the values seen in ice cores in many, many thousands of years,said...
- Robert Graham in UC Riverside
Meat production represents 18 per cent of global human-induced GHG emissions, including 37 per cent of global methane emissions, which has 23 times the Global Warming Potential of CO2 and 65 per cent of nitrous oxide, which has 296 times the... Rajendra Pachauri http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rajendra_K._Pachauri&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNHR35ApFlKdXRDpVlpuX2H_Df8wyg ITNews http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.itnews.it/news/2008/0907100201741/world-s-leading-climate-expert-urges-massive-dietary-change.html&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNEtKaszt2xzIvEJ_hmRvZZmltk0vQ Sep 7, 2008
67769 90356 nitrous Denitrification also produces nitrous oxide, a major greenhouse gas," Graham said.