ninety-nine : Definition, Usages, News and More
- s being nine more than ninety
- Nineteen ninety-nine was a big year for memorials.
- One hundred and ninety-nine seats were filled.
- Nilson broke the tape one step in front, which meant that Nurmi had finished the race only ninety-nine yards ahead of Nilson.
News & Articles
- Garavelli's Cafeteria to close after 99 years
Ninety-nine-years-ago, when Joe Garavelli opened his first cafeteria restaurant on DeBaliviere, there was no Facebook. But social media is the way the current owners announced Garavelli's will close for good on June 28.
June 14, 2013 - KSDK St. Louis
- Cory Lidle in MLB.com
The whole plane has a parachute on it,Lidle told the Times. "Ninety-nine percent of pilots that go up never have engine failure, and the one percent that do usually land it. But if you're up in the air and something goes wrong, you pull...
- John Edwards in Guardian Unlimited
Up until now, about half of 1 percent of Americans have voted. Ninety-nine percent plus have not voted. And those 99 percent deserve to have their voices heard because we have had too much in America of people's voices not being heard,Edwards...
- Fredrik Norrena in Forbes
I had bad luck,Norrena said. "That one shot that got by me kind of destroyed our game tonight. When you make a mistake like that, you feel bad for your teammates. Ninety-nine out of 100 times, that shot doesn't bounce in like that."