newly : Definition, Usages, News and More
- r very recently
they are newly married
newly raised objections
a newly arranged hairdo
- Are China's newly monied classes here to stay? Yes, it's a fact of life No, it's a bubble economy Who can tell?.
- Sharing the shock of his people, the newly elected Prime Minister, John Howard just two months into his eleven-and-a-half years in power seized the chance to overhaul .
- Last year she got Vogue to contribute money to open beauty salons in Kabul, creating jobs for newly liberated Afghan women; a story on the project ran in the magazine.
News & Articles
- Newly re-opened Milliken Blvd. bridge not open to trucks, buses
The newly opened, narrower and temporary two-lane route along the Milliken Boulevard bridge is closed to truck and bus traffic and will remain so until the project is done in December, state officials said Tuesday.
June 11, 2013 - Fall River Herald News
- Newly crowned Miss Iowa hopes to advocate for people with disabilities
Nicole Kelly, the newly crowned Miss Iowa, plans to use her title to help advocate for people with disabilities, reports the DesMoines Register. Kelly, 23, was born without her left forearm, according to her biography at MissIowa.com (note: site has been intermittently down). Photos can be viewed at the Miss Iowa Facebook page. After winning [...]
June 10, 2013 - The Upbeat via Yahoo! News
- Newly retired Jason Kidd is reportedly pursuing the Brooklyn Nets' head coach position.
Newly retired Jason Kidd is reportedly pursuing the Brooklyn Nets' head coach position. [ Yahoo! Sports ]
June 9, 2013 - Deadspin
- George HW Bush in USA Today
He said he'd hold elections, he said he would get rid of his emergency law, and so it's now time for the newly elected folks to show up and form their government. And the question then is will they be friends of the United States? I certainly hope... President Bush http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_W._Bush&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNFh0u2JMmcpgHHAEOKNoPb27FyIcg Reuters http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.reuters.com/article/gc04/idUSL2002005020080220&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNEcFrBfmY2N8cExoDcqXQhEhmtdXw Feb 20, 2008
67397 89853 newly Together we shared a journey that led to the presidency, the mountaintop of American politics," the elder Bush said in a statement. "And there we worked together to help America more fully embrace the world around us and compete in the newly...