neurasthenic : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a person suffering a nervous breakdown
- a of or relating to or suffering from neurasthenia
- Dictator Premier Primo de Rivera, no neurasthenic, drew the knife calmly from where it quivered, pocketed it, motioned his chauffeur to drive on.
- Cotillard appears to be as tiny as Piaf was (the singer was only 4' 8") and she acts neurasthenic as all get out, but somehow her constantly victimized state works against our .
- The 45 cartoons in the show were a cross section of rabid Isolationist Fitzpatrick's daily stint, from bulge-jawed Mussolinis and neurasthenic Hitlers to war-racked skeletons .
- Lynn Barber in guardian.co.uk
Her letters are very much in the Bloomsbury mould - all quivering sensitivity, fine aestheticism, and implacable snobbery,wrote Lynn Barber in the Daily Telegraph. "After his cool, terse diaries, they feel overheated and neurasthenic."