- n a philosopher who subscribes to nativism
- a advocating the perpetuation of native societies
the old nativist prejudice against the foreign businessman
the nativistic faith preaches the old values"- C.K.Kluckhohn
- a of or relating to or advocating nativism
the traditional controversy between the nativistic and empiristic theories
- McCain, whose position on immigration is more chamber of commerce than Lou Dobbs, may get caught in the cross fire, with nativist Republicans opting for a third party or simply .
- The worst nativist instincts on immigration, that will cripple any chances the party has to survive the here-and-now and impending demographic changes.
- But New York's internationalism forced me to rethink my nativist aesthetic.
News & Articles
- Editorial: Don't let House Republicans thwart immigration reform
House Republicans - including four from southeast Michigan - will meet behind closed doors today to consider their response on a bipartisan immigration reform bill. It's an important opportunity for a party whose nativist fear-mongering poses a mortal threat to its future. But all signs suggest that House Speaker John Boehner and his colleagues are more interested in sabotaging bipartisan ...
July 11, 2013 - Detroit Free Press
- Frank Rich in International Herald Tribune
The ugly nativist animus that once hounded the immigrants of the Lower East Side and elsewhere, Jewish and Irish and Italian and Asian alike, is reappearing in our public life,Rich said. "Legitimate concerns about national security and the...
- John McCain in Long Beach Press-Telegram
Yeah,McCain said, "we were in a restaurant and he just sent over a plate of nachos. What do you say to something like that? I Throughout our history, we have had people who stoked nativist instincts," he said.
- Daniel Fried in WorldNetDaily
You have a weird nativist surge in Western Europe, and a kind of odd panic: Aliens are here, they don't accept our values, they are a threat to our way of life and turn to radicalism,says Fried.