- a capable of being shocked
- a lacking tolerance or flexibility or breadth of view
a brilliant but narrow-minded judge
- s rigidly adhering to a particular sect or its doctrines
- Barth has been variously damned as a heretic, a narrow-minded Biblicist, and an atheist in disguiseand praised as the most creative Protestant theologian since John Calvin.
- The woman is so full of hate and narrow-minded speak.
- Acting on dogmatic, narrow-minded views, he might vote to overrule landmark decisions on abortion, civil rights and church-state separation.
News & Articles
- Greed is what will bring the nation down
In reference to the letters to the editor about narrow-minded gay groups pushing their agendas on the Boy Scouts will ruin them and that gay marriage is causing “Sodom & Gomorrah,” why don’t you letter-writers try to be a little less narrow-minded and accept the fact that these gays you condemn are here living in your communities and they have to lie and hide from people like you.
June 11, 2013 - Dayton Courier
- John Schneider in Washington Post
It's a huge shock to me that in this day and age people could be so narrow-minded, especially professional people,Schneider said Friday.
- Sir Trevor McDonald in Digital Spy
On introducing an item, Sir Trevor said: "It's time for 'Racist and Dead', this week, it's the turn of corpulent, narrow-minded northerner Bernard Manning. Personally, I never thought of Bernard Manning as a racist comic: just a fat, white bastard."