nacreous : Definition, Usages, News and More
- a consisting of or resembling mother-of-pearl
- s having a play of lustrous rainbow colors
nacreous (or pearlescent) clouds looking like mother-of-pearl
- The massive, gleaming support pillars are nacreous limestone, accreted from natural seawater through an industrial version of the same process that creates coral reefs.
- Boschesque crustaceans of his hermetic imagination to caress the tentacular algae of his subaqueous and electrified impudicity or the nacreous and colubrine doves of a .
- The story itself has the nacreous quality of an old memory; the narrator, a biology teacher in a declining New England mill town, recalls his affair with a California woman who is .