muggy : Definition, Usages, News and More
- s hot or warm and humid
- On a muggy, overcast Saturday in late July, while 50 Cent's "I Get Money" blares from a set of speakers, the former head of the Chicago Public Schools pounds the blacktop .
- On a muggy day the alumina has to be dried out after two hours, and this takes enough gas burners to keep the whole city of Berea, Ohio (pop.
- The worst riot of the decade erupted on a muggy night when police raided an after-hours drinking club.
News & Articles
- Gusts won’t drive off muggy heat
Strong breezes are coming Wednesday, but don’t expect them to bring much relief from the muggy heat.
June 12, 2013 - The Kansas City Star
- Houston Forecast: Muggy, isolated rain on Tuesday
HOUSTON -- Tuesday brings us another hot and muggy day in southeast Texas with a chance for afternoon showers, said KHOU 11 News Meteorologist Chita Johnson. In the early morning hours we only dipped down into the mid-70s. This afternoon we’ll top out around 94 degrees with a 30-percent chance for stray showers and isolated thunderstorms. “We’re seeing a pretty similar setup to the day we had ...
June 11, 2013 - KHOU 11 Houston
- Familiar forecast: Hot, muggy, chance for afternoon storms
TAMPA - Hot, muggy with a chance for afternoon thunderstorms. It's a typical summertime forecast for the Tampa Bay area, so today's weather should be familiar.
June 10, 2013 - The Tampa Tribune