- n one whose prevailing mental imagery takes the form of inner feelings of action
- s (of spores or microorganisms) capable of movement
- He "sees through" to the essential, motile miracle of livingor something like that; neither he nor Miss Gale can quite express it.
- A woman "sweeps the pantry with her motile and patibulary eyes.
- In his suburban New York studio in Hastings, overlooking the Hudson River, Lipchitz kneads and molds the clay that retains a motile suppleness even when translated into hard .