- n a style of architecture common in Spain from the 13th to 16th centuries; characterized by horseshoe-shaped arches
- a relating to or characteristic of the Moors
News & Articles
- Sintra like a castle in a kaleidoscope
Pena Palace is shown in the distance with the steps of the Moorish Castle in the foreground in Sintra, Portugal. Sintra is home to a number of spectacular castles and other buildings.
June 12, 2013 - Santa Fe New Mexican
- Police: Man facing drug charges says he's above the law
Roswell police say Chadwick Simmons claimed he was a Moorish Aboriginal Sovereign citizen, meaning to him police had no right to his license or any search of his vehicle when he was pulled over.
June 5, 2013 - WSB-TV 2 Atlanta
- Arthur Miller in Brooklyn Daily Eagle
I used to sit and watch the Moslems holding services,Miller wrote. "They had a real Moorish garden symmetrically planted with curving lines of white stones laid out in the earth, and they would sit in white robes - twenty or thirty of...
- Charlotte BrontÃ« in New York Times
It is moorish, and wild, and knotty as a root of heath,Charlotte BrontÃ« wrote of her sister Emily's novel, "Wuthering Heights."
- Lidia Bastianich in Boston Herald
To discover the culture of food, you need to know about history,Bastianich said. "Look at Sicilian food and all the Arab and Moorish influences. In Puglia, there's a great Greek influence, and again, Arab. You go up to Trentino-Alto Adige,...