moonless : Definition, Usages, News and More
- a without a moon or a visible moon
the dark moonless night
a moonless planet
- All have occurred on moonless nights between 10 o'clock and midnight.
- The military airfield was only moderately lit, so the police had erected three mobile lighting towers, but on this moonless night the towers cast stark shadows, as did the .
- Wayne Kirby's last helicopter mission came on a warm and moonless night in South Texas on June 8, 2008.
News & Articles
- Meadowlands graded entries
Post Time: 7:15 p.m. Best Bet: El Rocket (2nd) FIRST: Mile pace; $12,500; cond 8 McGillacudy-Henry (Gingrs) 3-7-5 3-1 5 True Reflection (SAllard) 5-2-1 7-2 4 Destiny'sDesire (Lachance) 7-2-8 15-1 1 Lights Go Out (JCampbell) 4-4-2 8-1 2 Goinroundncircles (JMarshll) 7-4-1 20-1 3 Moonless Night (CCallahan...
June 21, 2013 - New York Post
- Pliny the Younger in Santa Fe New Mexican
A fearful black cloud was rent by forked and quivering bursts of flame, and parted to reveal great tongues of fire. ...... Darkness fell, not the dark of a moonless or cloudy night, but as if the lamp had been put out in a dark room,wrote...
- Carlos Acosta in New York Times
On moonless nights his black skin was camouflaged by the darkness,Acosta writes, and to find him, "you had to follow his cigarette smoke as it floated in the air."
- John T Reed in New York Times
Sometimes toxic trash may be dumped on the property "unbeknownst to you, and you'll be responsible for the cleanup," said John T. Reed, the publisher of Real Estate Investor's Monthly, a newsletter. "At 2 o'clock in the morning on a moonless...