monophonic : Definition, Usages, News and More
- s designating sound transmission or recording or reproduction over a single channel
- a consisting of a single melodic line
- This week RCA Victor started to fight back by announcing the release of ''pseudo stereo"or, as the record liners prudently euphemize, monophonic recordings with "electronic .
- While the sale of monophonic equipment has dwindled to almost nothing, many of the nation's stereo owners have continued buying monophonic records.
- It can be as massive as Berlioz' Requiem (Westminster), whose soaring sonorities are not marred in stereo by the smudging that often afflicts the monophonic versions.
News & Articles
- Put the freeze on your next glass of wine
Prosecco and popsicles. / Lynn Lieu, The Desert Sun As the ice cream man makes his way through the neighborhood, I can’t help but remember a time when the monophonic tune of “Pop Goes the Weasel” would be the highlight of a summer afternoon.
Aug. 7, 2013 - The Desert Sun