monetary : Definition, Usages, News and More
- a relating to or involving money
- Perhaps never before had a chief of state launched such an open assault on the monetary power of a friendly nation.
- While it stunts industrial output and cramps consumers, the oil emergency has also stalled the movement toward reform of the international monetary system.
- By monetary stimulus, do you mean the Fed needs to print more money? An increase in the money supply has historically always motivated people to spend and end a recession.
- Gordon Brown in Swissinfo
Over the remainder of 2008, the effects of monetary policy and fiscal stimulus, a gradual ebbing of the drag from residential construction, further progress in the repair of financial and credit markets, and still-solid demand from abroad should... Ben Bernanke http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ben_Bernanke&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNEsTNLK-7-f3R5-thHohB-P27CEdw MarketWatch http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story/bernanke-says-slowdown-bring-inflation/story.aspx%3Fguid%3D%257BB17B9D54-A9A8-4B31-8F65-2AD170A5B561%257D%26dist%3Dmsr_1&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNFWIb2YzhTIRQsaDOVj8PPueCxOuA Jun 9, 2008
64834 86087 monetary The IMF (International Monetary Fund) has got to be rebuilt as fit for purpose ...... We need an early warning system for the global economy," Prime Minister Gordon Brown told reporters in Brussels.
- Glenn Stevens in Bloomberg
The board's judgment is that the current stance of monetary policy remains appropriate,Stevens said today.