monarchal : Definition, Usages, News and More
- s having the characteristics of or befitting or worthy of a monarch
- s ruled by or having the supreme power resting with a monarch
- The anti-Federalists were just as convinced that John Adams was in cahoots with the British and intent on restoring monarchal rule.
- In general, they were beaten down by the monarchal and nominally republican systems that have dominated the region since independence.
- I thought we got rid of the whole political power passes from parents to children when we kicked out the monarchal British back in the 1770's.
- Oscar Arias in Turkish Press
I advocate a change of regime, not a monarchal succession,said Arias, who was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize in 1987 for his efforts to pacify turmoil-torn Central America.