moire : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n silk fabric with a wavy surface pattern
- s (of silk fabric) having a wavelike pattern
- At the climax the dog-store owner has been put on the spot by Raft who, in a fit of remorse, goes through a hail of police bullets to save his rival's life and die in a moire .
- Even in the best of times a cardinal's wardrobe costs about $4,000, from his moire silk skullcap to his red silk socks and red morocco, silver-buckled shoes.
- Once inside, visitors find the stony exterior becomes a playful moire that lets in shards of light.