modal : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n an auxiliary verb (such as `can' or `will') that is used to express modality
- s relating to or constituting the most frequent value in a distribution
the modal age at which American novelists reach their peak is 30
- a of or relating to a musical mode; especially written in an ecclesiastical mode
- a relating to or expressing the mood of a verb
- Wallace, who won a MacArthur "genius" grant in 1997, was a tennis prodigy and a math whiz (his Amherst philosophy major focused on modal logic, whatever that is).
- In this bi-modal model, there is "news.
- Even in casual conversation, he is not likely to fall into what linguists call the double modal"might could" or "might ought.
News & Articles
- U.S. 36 Express Lanes Project work this week
Detours and delays expected this week as work continues on the U.S. 36 Express Lanes Project, a $312 million multi-modal project that will build an express lane in each direction on U.S. 36 from Federal Boulevard to 88th Street in Louisville/Superior:
June 16, 2013 - Broomfield Enterprise
- Bend seeks grant project volunteers
The city of Bend is seeking volunteers to participate as members of the Bend Central District Multi-modal Mixed-use Area (MMA) Project Team.
June 13, 2013 - KTVZ Bend
- LaValle Secures Transportation Funding for the Shelter Island Ferry
This week it was announced that New York State Senator Ken LaValle has secured $750,000 in New York State Transportation Department Multi-modal funds for the Shelter Island South Ferry that will help the company resolve docking and navigational issues. The program provides funds for capital improvements to rail freight and passenger facilities, port facilities, aviation [...]
June 13, 2013 - The Sag Harbor Express
- Ted Strickland in Forbes
These projects will move Ohio toward a more multi-modal system of transportation that links Ohio's businesses, highways, railways, transit and ports into an advanced and efficient network for moving goods and people,Strickland said.
- Kevin Johnson in MarketWatch (press release)
The West Bay Sector, now with a new international airport, is an unparalleled greenfield site and a unique multi-modal opportunity for expanding businesses interested in air, land and sea access,said Kevin Johnson, St. Joe's Vice President of...
- Brian Souter in Reuters UK
Environmental issues had a major impact on both bus and rail,Chief Executive Brian Souter told reporters. "In the south, particularly the cathedral cities, we're seeing a modal shift onto the bus."