mnemonic : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a device (such as a rhyme or acronym) used to aid recall
- a of or relating to or involved the practice of aiding the memory
- But it's as a course presented in both primary and secondary schools and aimed at preventing anxiety that friends (a mnemonic for Feeling worried?.
- I went through our old mnemonic FRIEND but there was no foreign body, radiation, infection, enteritis (like Crohn's disease), neoplasm (cancer) or diverticulitis producing .
- Even with that mnemonic, I've been having trouble remembering this universal number I'm supposed to be giving out.
News & Articles
- Pop album review: Boards of Canada's 'Tomorrow's Harvest'
The album from the Scottish duo enters a world teeming with beauty. "Tomorrow's Harvest," the fourth album by Scottish ambient electronic duo Boards of Canada, begins with the sound of an audio logo, a quick "Intel inside"-suggestive mnemonic that vanishes as quickly as it arrives. The tones are followed by a moment of silence, and the effect is not unlike the strike of a bell before a ...
June 11, 2013 - Los Angeles Times
- Jason Kottke in Slate
The mnemonic could work for either the new 8 planet line-up, the 8 major + 3 dwarf planets, or the old 9 planet arrangement in protest of Pluto's demotion,explained Kottke.