mimic : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n someone who mimics (especially an actor or actress)
- v imitate (a person or manner), especially for satirical effect
The actor mimicked the President very accurately
- s constituting an imitation
the mimic warfare of the opera stage"- Archibald Alison
- Chef David Burke, known for his Willie Wonkalike creations at New York City restaurant davidburkedonatella, has created a line of flavor sprays that mimic the taste of high-cal .
- While addressing a problem in the arcane field of mathematical logic, he imagined a machine that could mimic human reasoning.
- Its brain is a computer (housed in a backpack) that learns to mimic the wearers gait and posture; bioelectric sensors pick up signals transmitted from the brain to the muscles .
News & Articles
- As Music-Competition Shows Slide, What Does It Take to Make a Hit?
By Tim Molloy NEW YORK (TheWrap.com) - With "The Voice" finale hours away, tell us if this scenario sounds familiar: A give-it-your-all reality competition becomes a national fascination, and people agonize over whether their favorite competitors will be voted off. Other shows mimic its formula - and eventually another show becomes the nation's reality spectacle of choice. It outpaces its ...
June 19, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- Counting down Louisiana football's Preseason Top 50: No. 39 Parkview Baptist
Parkview Baptist is hoping to mimic its 2012 season where the Eagles won the Class 3A state championship. - (Brett Duke, NOLA.com | The Times-Picayune) Eagles looking to replace key starters, make a deep playoff run...
June 18, 2013 - New Orleans Times-Picayune
- Now You Can Build Google's $1M Artificial Brain on the Cheap
Andrew Ng wants to bring deep learning -- an emerging computer science field that seeks to mimic the human brain with hardware and software -- into the DIY era.
June 18, 2013 - Wired News
- Criss Angel in Forbes
I always try to do things that have never been done before,Angel said. "I was in the water for 24 hours in Times Square for `Good Morning America,' doing it in 2001. Later somebody else tried to mimic me."
- Katie Holmes in USA Today
Nowadays, Suri is talking up a storm,Holmes says. "She loves coloring and creating. She's a great mimic and dancer."
- Sarah Chayes in FOXNews
Aid groups need to "mimic what traffickers offer to farmers," Chayes said.