military : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n the military forces of a nation
their military is the largest in the region
the military machine is the same one we faced in 1991 but now it is weaker
- a of or relating to the study of the principles of warfare
- a characteristic of or associated with soldiers or the military
- a associated with or performed by members of the armed services as contrasted with civilians
- The Battlefield Extraction-Assist Robot (BEAR), developed for military search-and-rescue missions, has hydraulic arms that can support injured soldiers weighing up to 400 lbs .
- America deploys the most powerful military on earth because its soldiers freely choose to serve.
- Toward that end, many military analysts believe, China will soon build its first aircraft carrier group, evidence of China's intention to field a globe straddling blue water navy.
News & Articles
- Military needs zero tolerance for sexual assault
Military leadership needs to take sexual assault seriously. Leadership needs to be held accountable and assume responsibility for the entire military culture.
June 16, 2013 - U-T San Diego
- Military Gala celebrates Army's 238th birthday
With traditional military pomp and circumstance, the Quad-City community joined the area’s men and women in uniform for the first Quad-Cities Military Salute Gala held Saturday at the Quad-Cities Waterfront Convention Center in Bettendorf.
June 16, 2013 - Quad-City Times
- Military Front for June 16, 2013
These are military progressions that have taken place over the past several months, compiled from news releases sent by all branches of the U.S. military.
June 15, 2013 - Daytona Beach News-Journal
- Barack Obama in ABC News
McChrystal's comments, as detailed in the Rolling Stone article, "does not meet the standards that should be set by a commanding general," the president said. "It undermines the civilian control of the military...... and it erodes the trust...
- David Petraeus in NEWS.com.au
This is an effort in which we must achieve unity of effort and common purpose. Civilian and military, Afghan and international, we are part of one team with one mission,he said. "On this important endeavour, co-operation is not optional."