- a of or pertaining to atmospheric phenomena, especially weather and weather conditions
meteoric (or meteorological) phenomena
- a pertaining to or consisting of meteors or meteoroids
- s like a meteor in speed or brilliance or transience
a meteoric rise to fame
- There couldn't be a better metaphor for the meteoric success of Puerto Rico's supreme ambassador of reggaeton, Latin music's latest thing.
- His successful negotiations with AOL in 2002 yielded a watershed deal in the company's meteoric growth.
- If there is a paramount lesson to be drawn from Carter's meteoric rise and fall, it is that tragedy does not always have heroic dimensions.
News & Articles
- Viva Zapata! Spanish artists talks about his meteoric rise to fame
Viva Zapata! Spanish artists talks about his meteoric rise to fame
June 12, 2013 - WPIX 11 New York
- Dear Business Owner: Tweet or Die
When customers took to social media, calling a start-up's product ugly, the company went with it--inadvertently fueling a meteoric ascent. Twitter and LinkedIn "are the two greatest management tools that have come along since the invention of e-mail," declared Gregory Shove, the founder and CEO of SocialChorus, speaking to a packed session entitled "Leadership in a Digital Age" at this year’s ...
June 12, 2013 - Inc Magazine
- 3-star's career stalled over sexual assault case
For most of her career, Lt. Gen. Susan Helms has defied gravity, rising from astronaut to one of only three female lieutenant generals in the Air Force. But her decision to overturn a sex assault conviction may bring an end to her heretofore meteoric trajectory.
June 11, 2013 - Air Force Times
- Jim Leach in WOI
Frankly, I'm convinced that the national interest demands a new approach to our interaction with the world,Leach said in a conference call with reporters. "Like many I'm astonished at Barack Obama's meteoric rise as a candidate. I have no...
- Bobby Rahal in SI.com
I think he has more talent, more outright talent, than I do,Bobby Rahal said. "If you look at his age, and where he's at, it's been meteoric. ...... Whether he was my son or not, I would say this kid is something special."