metabolic : Definition, Usages, News and More
- a of or relating to metabolism
- a undergoing metamorphosis
- It can condition you to develop a preference for sweet things, which can lead to weight gain or metabolic syndrome.
- In people, visceral fat has been linked to metabolic changes, such as higher blood pressure and blood-sugar levels, that increase risk for diabetes and heart disease.
- Experiments in which obese human patients were injected with leptin have failed, because the metabolic pathways that control hunger and fullness in people are far more complex than .
News & Articles
- Hospital charges vary widely
Treatment for simple pneumonia and pleurisy at St. Mary Medical Center could put you out, on average, about $1,000 more than if you were treated at Cottage Hospital. It’ll also cost that much more, on average, for treatment of nutritional and miscellaneous metabolic disorders including hypoglycemia, cystic fibrosis and vitamin deficiencies. For the first time, the public has this information at ...
June 16, 2013 - The Galesburg Register-Mail
- Metabolic molecule drives growth of aggressive brain cancer
A new study has identified an abnormal metabolic pathway that drives cancer-cell growth in a particular subtype of glioblastoma, the most common and lethal form of brain cancer. The finding could lead to new therapies for a subset of patients with glioblastoma.
June 14, 2013 - Science Daily
- First krill powder study shows potential for metabolic syndrome
Daily supplements of krill powder may reduce the overactive endocannabinoid system in obese subjects, and offer potential for ameliorating metabolic syndrome, says a small study using Aker BioMarine’s new Superba Krill powder.
June 13, 2013 - Nutraingredients.com
- George Alberti in Earthtimes.org
This suggests that as we work to develop better means of combating obesity, including using these discoveries as the first step in developing new drugs, we need to focus on the regulation of appetite at least as much as on the metabolic factors of... Kari Stefansson http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/K%C3%A1ri_Stef%C3%A1nsson&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNE4zlrENEs81XVNitp9yN9A9qxqlQ Reuters UK http://www.google.com/url?q=http://uk.reuters.com/article/healthNewsMolt/idUKTRE4BD1FY20081214&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNH9qBKCQa7mIS3ZpCS_-gU9ppAm1w Dec 14, 2008
63013 84052 metabolic Early detection followed by treatment-particularly lifestyle intervention-is vital to halt the progression of the metabolic syndrome and safeguard the future health of children and adolescents", said Professor Sir George Alberti, IDF past...