- a involving the mind or an intellectual process
mental images of happy times
in a terrible mental state
free from mental defects
- a of or relating to the mind
- a of or relating to the chin- or liplike structure in insects and certain mollusks
- a of or relating to the chin or median part of the lower jaw
- s affected by a disorder of the mind
a mental patient
- A new analysis suggests that mental illness costs society nearly $200 billion a year in lost earnings and that is just the tip of the iceberg.
- The Army's strategy is to continue raising standards so that the lowest mental category can eventually be eliminated.
- The Defense Department hopes that giving soldiers tools to fend off mental stress will toughen its troops at war and at home.
News & Articles
- Mental health: Busting stigma, shame, stereotypes
The Obama administration recently hosted the National Conference on Mental Health in an effort to kick off a national conversation to raise awareness about mental illness and the myriad of treatment options and resources that are currently available. The day-long White House summit on June 3, brought together individuals who have suffered from mental illness, their families, mental-health ...
June 21, 2013 - Miami Herald
- Mental Health Writer and Speaker Tanya J. Peterson to Discuss Mental Illness and Her Novel Leave of Absence on ...
Tanya J. Peterson and Dr. Chris Gorman, two mental health professionals working in very different ways to reduce the stigma of mental illness, come together on June 24th for a lively talk about mental illness, behavioral health centers, and what these are like for people who experience them. The conversation is open to the world on the online radio station Beautiful Minds. (PRWeb June 21, 2013 ...
June 21, 2013 - PRWeb
- Mental hospital wants more time for James Holmes sanity review
A mental hospital says the sanity evaluation of Colorado theater shooting suspect James Holmes will take until mid-September, nearly seven weeks longer than the judge wanted.
June 20, 2013 - Fox News
- Phil Gramm in FOXNews
You've heard of mental depression; this is a mental recession,Gramm, a former Texas senator, told the newspaper, adding that the presumptive Republican nominee will face an uphill battle fighting those perceptions.
- Barack Obama in Philadelphia Inquirer
President Obama yesterday said Shriver "taught our nation - and our world - that no physical or mental barrier can restrain the power of the human spirit."
- John Demjanjuk in FOXNews
In a signed statement attached to the motions, Demjanjuk, seeking asylum, said that deportation to Germany "will expose me to severe physical and mental pain that clearly amount to torture under any reasonable definition of the term."