megalomaniacal : Definition, Usages, News and More
- s suffering from megalomania
- For decades, China has existed in the international eye as either a megalomaniacal dictator (Chairman Mao) or a teeming mass of low-paid factory workers (everybody else).
- The Lesson, a portrait of a megalomaniacal teacher, reflected dark satire of the powerful.
- Although Sun Myung Moon sometimes appears to be a Christian evangelist, he is in actuality the megalomaniacal "messiah" of a new religion.
News & Articles
- Are smartphones draining our confidence?
Is Your iPhone Turning You Into a Wimp?is the provocative title of an article from Harvard Business School's Monday newsletter, Working Knowledge, and in it you can hear echoes of Google's Sergey Brin's contention that smartphones are "emasculating." But this time, our smarter-than-thou technologies aren't sapping our confidence by making us depend on them, like megalomaniacal red ...
July 1, 2013 - The Saratogian
- Julie White in Cinematical (blog)
White say Bay was a joy to work with: "I thought he would be like some kind of crazed, you know, megalomaniacal control freak and he is exactly the opposite."
- Ralph Peters in Inter Press Service
We are faced with a resurgent major power with imperialist megalomaniacal ambitions, led by the most effective leader in the world today,Peters said. "Ladies and gentlemen, I find this terribly reminiscent of the 1930s."
- Stephen Colbert in Harvard Crimson
One thing that liberals aren't, is unified, generally, in their thought,Colbert replied. "It's easier for me to be a larger-than-life, megalomaniacal figure if I'm doing it passionately from the right."