megalithic : Definition, Usages, News and More
- a of or relating to megaliths or the people who erected megaliths
megalithic monuments like Stonehenge
- The charcoal sample that was thus dated came from an excavated pit at Stonehenge, the great "megalithic cromlech" on .
- At Gobekli Tepe, 15 km northeast of the city of Sanliurfa, stand four megalithic limestone pillars, 7 m tall and weighing perhaps 50 tons each.
- One reason for its bad press, no doubt, is the way the megalithic headquarters of European Union institutions have been artlessly plopped into the European Quarter east of the city .
News & Articles
- House Calls: Rain barrel savings
Rainwater has been collected as far back as 850 B.C. in simple clay pots, complex underground cisterns and great megalithic structures.
March 8, 2014 - Leader-Telegram