median : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n the value below which 50% of the cases fall
- s relating to or constituting the middle value of an ordered set of values (or the average of the middle two in a set with an even number of values)
the median value of 17, 20, and 36 is 20
the median income for the year was $15,000
- s dividing an animal into right and left halves
- s relating to or situated in or extending toward the middle
- As the inflation goes through the roof, the only bright spot is that the median income in the country has also risen modestly.
- Sociologists say that the median age of boys joining street gangs is steadily going down.
- The median age of the people surveyed was 25.
News & Articles
- Census: Median age in NY in 2012 was 38.1
New Census figures show the median age in New York state last year was 38.1, unchanged from 2011 and a bit higher than the national median. Data released Thursday shows the nation's median age was 37.4 ...
June 14, 2013 - Associated Press via Yahoo! News
- State's Median Age Higher Than Nation's
New Census figures show the median age in New York state last year was 38.1, unchanged from 2011 and a bit higher than the national median.
June 14, 2013 - WWNY - WNYF Watertown
- San Diego Median Housing Prices Rise in May
The median housing prices in San Diego continued rising at a nice clip in May, according to two recent reports. Dataquick, the La Jolla real estate research firm, reported the median for San Diego last month was $406,500, up 1.6 percent from April’s median, and 21 percent from the median price in May 2012.
June 13, 2013 - San Diego Business Journal
- Nicole Kidman in Arab Times
He said that they were driving crazy and that they had run red lights and jumped the median strip,Kidman said. "I was frightened and I was worried there was going to be an accident."
- Garth Ancier in Pittsburgh Tribune-Review
The first week we put it on the air, the median age of the show was 27 years old and predominantly male, which is extremely rare for any show on American television, let alone on BBC America,says BBCA President Garth Ancier. "The thing...
- Richard Brodhead in Seattle Post Intelligencer
We've done away with the parental contribution for what amounts to half the population, the bottom half of median income in America,Duke President Richard Brodhead said in a telephone interview.