- s contemptibly small in amount
a measly tip
- Too many of the nation's police, many of whom earn a measly $5,000 a year, moonlight for the drug gangs.
- It grossed a measly $6.
- Those figures still accounted for less than 10% of all Florida primary voters, but they represented a 14% turnout for that bloc, up from a measly 4% in 2000.
News & Articles
- LeBron James, Heat Force Game 7 in Most Demoralizing Manner Possible for Tim Duncan, Spurs
One more defensive rebound, and the Spurs would have been spraying champagne. One more board, one measly Heat miss corralled by the Spurs in the final 23 seconds of regulation, and the NBA Finals are over. Forget a Game 7, forget LeBron James’ headband, forget Manu Ginobili laying a gigantic egg for the umpteenth time […]
June 19, 2013 - New England Sports Network
- So damn superior: Parsing partisan politics
A new Gallup poll shows that Americans' confidence in the Congress is at an all-time low. A measly 10 percent of citizens express confidence in lawmakers, and most say they have little or no confidence.
June 18, 2013 - Duke University
- Naomi Klein in Pacific Free Press
Naomi Klein writes, "How else can we interpret the G20's final communiquÃ©, which includes not even a measly tax on banks or financial transactions, yet instructs governments to slash their deficits in half by 2013. This is a huge and shocking cut,...
- Sarfraz Nawaz in Oneindia
Spectators come to ground after having spent money to see some fireworks from the batsmen. If ball tampering is allowed every bowler would be able to bowl lethally hence restricting batsmen to measly totals,Nawaz added.
- Lee Rhiannon in The West Australian
The environment has been gifted a measly $129 million over the next four years, while Labor hands over $1.9 billion for a desalination plant that may or may not be turned on,Greens MP Lee Rhiannon told reporters.