matter-of-fact : Definition, Usages, News and More
- s not fanciful or imaginative
local guides describe the history of various places in matter-of-fact tones
- s concerned with practical matters
a matter-of-fact (or pragmatic) approach to the problem
a matter-of-fact account of the trip
- Cather at her most matter-of-fact and, as a consequence, her most powerful.
- In Brooklyn salesman Kirk McNeil, 29, was more matter-of-fact.
- If she is alone, she is tender and solicitous like any other mother, in a matter-of-fact way.
News & Articles
- Chief Lt. Gen. David Morrison Tells Sexiest Service Members To “Get Out Now” [Video]
Australian Army Chief Lt. Gen. David Morrison has decided to speak out about the sexism and abusive goings on that service members participate in; already an ‘Internet celebrity’ of sorts, Morrison is known for his blunt and matter-of-fact opinions of subjects such as this. The three minute video shows Morrison taking a stern and unblinking... Read more » Chief Lt. Gen. David Morrison Tells ...
June 16, 2013 - The Inquisitr
- Korean player finds black pitcher to be a bit too black
Saw this via Baseball Think Factory. On the one hand, oh my stars and garters that anyone would say something like this. But really, this makes me laugh out loud more than anything because it’s so damn matter-of-fact that finding actual racism in it as opposed to just cringingly-bad social awkwardness is a real stretch.…
June 14, 2013 - NBC Sports: HardballTalk