mastoid : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n process of the temporal bone behind the ear at the base of the skull
- a of or relating to or in the region of the mastoid process
- a relating to or resembling a nipple
- A British surgeon recently did a mastoid operation on a middle-aged man who had once been a sailor.
- Halting at the bed side of a soldier critically ill with a mastoid infection, Wintle snapped: "It is an offense for a dragoon to die in bed.
- Contrary to popular belief, he said, not contaminated water but plain swimming, even in pure pools, is responsible for the boils, middle ear inflammations, mastoid infections and .
- Thomas Noguchi in OpEdNews
Noguchi stated that the shot that killed RFK "had entered through the mastoid bone, an inch behind the right ear and had traveled upward to sever the branches of the superior cerebral artery."