- s imposing in size or bulk or solidity
massive oak doors
Moore's massive sculptures
- s being the same substance throughout
- s imposing in scale or scope or degree or power
massive retaliatory power
a massive increase in oil prices
- s consisting of great mass; containing a great quantity of matter
Earth is the most massive of the terrestrial planets
- Jose Caruci AFP Getty But when the first of Bolao's major novels, The Savage Detectives, a massive, bizarre epic about a band of avant-garde Mexican poets, was published in .
- I love the San Nicola football stadium in Bari, Italy, which is a massive statementbig petals of concrete that come out of the ground.
- Bernard Madoff, the former Nasdaq chairman who was charged on Thursday with massive fraud, was long considered to be quirky.
News & Articles
- Massive sinkhole swallows car in Toledo
TOLEDO, Ohio– A massive sinkhole opened up in the middle of a road, sending one woman to the hospital. Authorities...
July 3, 2013 - Oklahoma's NewsChannel 4
- Massive popcorn ball to greet Indiana fair visitors
A northeastern Indiana company hopes to break a record by creating a massive popcorn ball to serve as the centerpiece at this year's Indiana State Fair.
July 3, 2013 - WTHR Indianapolis
- Massive fire guts motel under construction
Massive fire guts motel under construction Houston Chronicle Copyright 2013 Houston Chronicle. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed. Updated 7:41 am, Tuesday, July 2, 2013 Massive fire guts motel under construction By about 6 p.m. the firefighters were still at the scene pouring water on the charred, smoldering rubble.
July 2, 2013 - Houston Chronicle
- Scott Stanzel in Clarksville Leaf Chronicle
The legislation would permit plaintiffs' lawyers immediately to freeze Iraqi funds and would expose Iraq to "massive liability in lawsuits concerning the misdeeds of the Saddam Hussein regime," Stanzel said.
- Jim Bunning in AFP
This massive bailout is not a solution. It is financial socialism and it's un-American,said Senator Jim Bunning, a member of Bush's Republican Party.
- Hillary Rodham Clinton in Chicago Tribune
An attack on Israel would incur massive retaliation by the United States,said Clinton.