masculine : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a gender that refers chiefly (but not exclusively) to males or to objects classified as male
- a of grammatical gender
- a associated with men and not with women
- s (music or poetry) ending on an accented beat or syllable
a masculine cadence
the masculine rhyme of `annoy, enjoy'
- Instead of taking traditional fashion cues, Kawakubo, who had come to design from textile advertising, looked to masculine dress, street culture and her Japanese heritage for .
- These 16 ballads, recorded in just a few days, are the authoritative take on masculine loneliness.
- This 24-year-old Norwegian has a powerhouse voice deep, commanding, a little masculine, exotic, too, like Nico, but with an abundance rather than an absence of feeling.
News & Articles
- Cosmetic Procedures Requested by Men Focus on Masculine Facial Features, According to Dr. Richard Arabitg
Dr. Richard Arabitg discusses a recent trend in men’s cosmetic procedures which have focused on making males look more masculine. (PRWeb June 21, 2013) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/6/prweb10851196.htm
June 21, 2013 - PRWeb
- This Week in Tribal History
June 25, 1874 from The Missoulian: Report from Frank Truchot of Warm Springs "A masculine personage, dressed in orthodox Indian costume, except that it has since transpired that he wore false hair glued on, appeared at his ranch and bantered him for a dicker."
June 20, 2013 - Char-Koosta News
- An innermost love captured through the lens of time
Posted in Fashion / Fashion blog / Fashion photo shoots / Fashion pictures Creative duo Lorent K & Oanell create an intimate and congruous shoot of feminine and masculine connection in this whispering fashion shoot. With the art of muted colours and black and white portraits Lorent’s photography brings all the focus and attention into the beautiful couple and the personal connection they ...
June 18, 2013 - StyleBistro
- Jake Delhomme in USA Today
That's the one point that needs to be made: this was a man off the football field,said quarterback Jake Delhomme, one of several veterans at the news conference. "I'm not talking in a masculine type of way. I'm talking in a fatherly type...
- Julia Roberts in Reuters.uk
Appearing on the CBS "Late Show with David Letterman" in May, Roberts said her children "seem to really love each other. He's sort of very boyish and masculine. He has red hair and big green eyes. And she's very girlish and has very blonde hair and...
- J Michael Bailey in Washington Post
Stereotypes are often at least partly based in truth,Bailey said. "It reflects what we call 'gender nonconformity' in gay and lesbian people. On average, gay men tend to be a bit feminine and lesbians a bit masculine. That's on average and...