- n a small handbook
- n (military) a prescribed drill in handling a rifle
- a of or relating to the hands
- a requiring human effort
a manual transmission
- s doing or requiring physical work
- I know that your crediting McCain with 'opposing torure' while voting against the Army Field manual bill was a big source of contention.
- Brennan Linsley Pool Getty On his second day as President, Barack Obama ordered the agency to use the Army Field Manual as its interrogation playbook.
- It had a 51-hp engine and a four-speed manual transmission and not much else.
News & Articles
- New mental disorder manual draws criticism
It's the first significant update to the manual used by many to diagnose and classify mental disorders. But the update isn't without controversy. The update is in the new DSM-5 manual, a manual used to diagnose several mental disorders from schizophrenia to autism.
June 15, 2013 - News 14 Carolina
- A leak from an instruction manual suggests that an update to Sony's excellent RX100 point-and-shoot
A leak from an instruction manual suggests that an update to Sony's excellent RX100 point-and-shoot will bring a tilting screen, Wi-Fi, and flash hotshoe. That should make an amazing camera even better. Read more...
June 14, 2013 - Gizmodo
- Manual suggests al-Qaeda has surface-to-air missile
The photocopies of the manual lay in heaps on the floor, in stacks that scaled one wall, like Xeroxed, stapled handouts for a class. Except that the students in this case were al-Qaeda fighters in Mali.
June 12, 2013 - Denver Post
- Barack Obama in EasyBourse.com
We believe the Army Field Manual reflects the best judgment of our military, that we can abide by a rule that says we don't torture but that we can still effectively obtain the intelligence that we need,Obama said, adding that the orders...
- President Bush in ABC Online
It would restrict the CIA's range of acceptable interrogation methods to those provided in the Army Field Manual,Mr Bush said. "The procedures in this manual were designed for use by soldiers questioning lawful combatants captured on the...
- Andy Haden in Sydney Morning Herald
Once they've recruited three, that's it. That's their ceiling. Three darkies : no more,Haden said. "In the Crusaders' manual, there it is, it's enshrined in their articles, and they've stuck by that. And they know damn well that that's the...