mammoth : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n any of numerous extinct elephants widely distributed in the Pleistocene; extremely large with hairy coats and long upcurved tusks
- s so exceedingly large or extensive as to suggest a giant or mammoth
a mammoth ship
a mammoth multinational corporation
- Given the current quality and incompleteness of the woolly-mammoth genome sequence, it is unlikely that we will see mammoths walking the earth again.
- Nature may have forgotten about the extinct woolly mammoth, but science has been buzzing about it lately, ever since researchers announced that they had sequenced 80% of its genome.
- The mammoth was a baby perhaps only a few days old.
News & Articles
- Tiger mines once thrived near today's Mammoth
Located three miles southwest of the town of Mammoth in Pinal County, the townsite that would become known as Tiger began with the Hackney claim discovered in 1879 by Charles Dyke and T.C. Weed.
June 10, 2013 - Arizona Daily Star
- A mammoth weekend for Snowmass
This weekend saw a new and improved summer kickoff of mammoth proportions in Snowmass Village that cost taxpayers less than what it used to. Formerly known as the Snowmass Village Chili and Brew Fest, the Mammoth Fest is now the child of SBG Productions, owned and operated by Steve Gumble, who started the Telluride Blues & Brews Festival, now in its 20th year. read more
June 9, 2013 - Aspen Daily News
- Park Mammoth Resort Recovers After Severe Storms In January
After hosting the GLOCK Sport Shooting Foundation event this weekend, Park Mammoth Resort says they are thankful to be open.
June 9, 2013 - WBKO Bowling Green
- Glenn Hoddle in Independent
There is a mammoth task on their hands to turn things around but at least it is early on in the season,Hoddle said. "They have got good players but they are going to need time - more time than just this season even. If Ramos is the lucky...
- Steve Fielding in The Canberra Times
They have got to fix it. This is a mammoth change : low-income earners would be hit,Senator Fielding told the Herald .
- JP Morgan in The Canberra Times
The Reserve Bank may deliver yet another out-sized reduction in the cash rate, having already slashed it by a mammoth 400-basis point since early September,JP Morgan said. "We favour a 50-basis point rate cut, but without our usual level...